Saturday, December 22, 2007

winter

man. it's funny how quickly time can pass when you let it. I feel like the last few months have gone by so fast that I can't even tell you what I've been up to! But, to start where I left off, I've finished working at Vox as their beloved intern, to move on to working at the ICA as a public programs assistant. So, in addition to bartending three nights a week, I go in to the museum three days too. For having not worked much or at all for three months at the end of this summer, it feels both good and exhausting to have my weekdays packed full. So, i have some great pictures from my trip back home with Steven from thanksgiving and of our new kitten, i'll put them up on my flickr page soon. Yes, we adopted a kitten, named Button. She's a tortoise shell medium haired little girl. And she's good! we gave her a bath today and it was so funny. She had a cold the last few weeks and baby kitten sneezes are the best.
so me and Steven aren't going to make it home for Christmas this year. I have to work on Christmas Eve, so instead of sitting here all lonely we decided to book a room at the Trump Plaza hotel in Atlantic City. I think it's hilarious.
So other than all that, my life has been pretty normal.
I've been researching and reading about the Truth and Reconciliation Committe of South Africa for the Gallery. Not just that specifically, but mainly about that and the 3 plays that spun off of it, the ones involving puppets. Thats right, puppets. That's what the next exhibit is going to be about, and I was asked to do a few gallery walkthroughs on some Sundays when there is free admission. So, I have to know all I can about puppets. It's actually pretty interesting. I'll report back after I feel like I am an expert.
So! I hope everyone takes good pictures this week and has a blast. I know I will!

No comments: